Borrelia afzelii rashes?

Medical topics with questions, information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
Colb

Borrelia afzelii rashes?

Post by Colb » Thu 8 Sep 2016 14:54

Hello everyone,

For the last 2 years that I have been treated for Lyme disease, I had frequent occurrences of the weird rashes enclosed, especially when i'm under treatment. They appear when I scratch my skin and remain a few days, most of the times on the upper legs or upper arms. I've been looking all over the net and I couldnt find anything like it. My doc said it was coming from chlamydiae but its treatment did nothing. I have absolutly zero symptom from babesia or bartonella, so I don't think it can come from here neither...
According to my symptoms (no or few joint paint, no neuroborreliosis, but neck and head pain, tiredness), I think my Lyme disease comes from borrelia afzelii. Could it be one of the cutaneous manifestations of afzelii ?

Thanks !
Attachments
IMG_20160908_144403.jpg
IMG_20160908_144403.jpg (448.15 KiB) Viewed 3890 times

Anushka

Re: Borrelia afzelii rashes?

Post by Anushka » Thu 8 Sep 2016 18:13

Hi Colb,

Borrelia afzelii causes Acrodermatitis chronica atrophicans (ACA) and is the third or late stage of European Lyme borreliosis. But it looks nothing like what you posted. Here are a few examples . http://www.dermis.net/dermisroot/de/35111/diagnose.htm

At a first glance relapsing fever rash came in my mind, but that is usually much more pronounced. Examples https://www.google.de/search?q=relapsin ... fever+rash

Since you get it when you are taking medication, it could be a allergic reaction to the medication.

All the best
Anushka
Anushka

Colb

Post by Colb » Thu 8 Sep 2016 20:13

Thanks a lot for your answer! Well those rashes sometimes appear when I'm not on medication, and especially after taking some cyst buster (Tinidazole), which make me think they are directly Lyme related. It's weird that there's absolutely nothing on the internet about it. Anyway, it's nothing serious, so...

ChronicLyme19

Post by ChronicLyme19 » Fri 9 Sep 2016 2:44

Does it look like this at all ?
http://blog.thesmithlife.com/?p=539
Half of what you are taught is incorrect, but which half? What if there's another half missing?

Colb

Post by Colb » Fri 9 Sep 2016 8:46

Well, not really. It usually appears only on some parts of my body, when I scratch my skin (but not necessarily, sometimes it just comes from nowhere), and the shape has no special characteristic. Plus, I have zero symptom from Bartonella or babesia. One time, after taking tinidazole for a week, the rash was so important that the red dots started to become scab... I actually doubt that this can come from a coinfection since my immune systems seems quite strong (and I believe that, contrarily to Lyme, we can beat the coinfections by ourselves).

Anyway, thanks for answering :)