Dr. Klnghardt

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
Nick

Re: Dr. Klnghardt

Post by Nick » Fri 9 Nov 2007 21:48

Martian wrote: Imagine one had just peed the last spirochetes out of ones body, and is then injecting them back into the body.. LOL
I think this suggests a common misconception; swallowing some product made from dead or maybe even live borrelia (to state it simply) is something entirely different from being bitten by a tick that carries borrelia.
Last edited by Nick on Fri 9 Nov 2007 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri 9 Nov 2007 21:50

itsy wrote:Pee is waste.

My body didn't want it so I peed it out.

Therefore...
yes, pee is waste but your body is not deliberately peeing out the borrelia; they spread from the urinary tract for their own purpose (only if they want to). It is probably an infection route for many mammals.

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri 9 Nov 2007 21:54

sizzled wrote: I don't KNOW if this is a tried and true remedy. I have not seen convincing evidence that urine therapy is 'good'.
as mentioned before, the therapy in general is nothing new and probably has existed for ages in some form. The question is if it works for getting rid of borrelia (and if it is safe, but I wouldn't be too worried about that,especially if you already have them in your body ...).

For those who are still sceptical, just read up on how some vaccines are produces, and some of those are injected directly into your blood stream ...

kelmo

Post by kelmo » Fri 9 Nov 2007 22:10

I remember in the 80's (it still may exist), this urine injection was used for people who suffered from allergies.

It's still too gruesome to think about, I don't think I could risk it.

Martian

Post by Martian » Fri 9 Nov 2007 22:25

Nick wrote:I think this suggests a common misconception; swallowing some product made from dead or maybe even live borrelia (to state it simply) it something entirely different from being bitten by a tick that carries borrelia.
Note: with the technique of Klinghardt the urine is passed through a micropore filter and injected i.m. So this is not the same as the strategy for homeopathic treatments you mentioned earlier.

Of course it is different than a tick bite, but the possibility that one exposes oneself to a potential risk can not be dismissed. About Bb being already in the body: I would say that this still doesn't exclude a potential risk, because you may be injected Bb in an area where there weren't Bb before.

Yvonne

Post by Yvonne » Sat 10 Nov 2007 12:30

cave76 wrote:
Klinghardt's CV is sparse.

I couldn't find anything on pubmed under his name. Perhaps I misspelled it?
No,you didn't misspelled it,Icouldn't find anything about him there either.
Good looking guy, btw.

There are a lot of info about him on the German sites but I'couldn't find there a published article from him also.

I have find this:

http://www.sustainablehealth.org.uk/pag ... hardt.html
Listen to all,
plucking a feather from every passing goose,
but follow no one absolutely

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat 10 Nov 2007 13:21

Martian wrote:Of course it is different than a tick bite, but the possibility that one exposes oneself to a potential risk can not be dismissed. About Bb being already in the body: I would say that this still doesn't exclude a potential risk, because you may be injected Bb in an area where there weren't Bb before.
theoretically that is correct, but the reality is that Bb spread like wildfire shortly after infection, the body is almost defenseless in those early days and probably it invades all tissues that it 'likes' or where it is not attacked by the immune system (which probably depends on its genetic makeup e.g. Bb species/strain and OSPC/ Vlse flavor, which determine if it can adhere to/ enter cells, and how effective its stealth technology works).

Martian

What is an ILADS doc, and what is a LLMD?

Post by Martian » Sat 10 Nov 2007 15:09

Nick wrote:theoretically that is correct, but the reality is that Bb spread like wildfire shortly after infection
Do you exclude a potential risk?
cave76 wrote:Here's an interesting conundrum:

I often advise "Use an ILADS physician"

That used to sum up what I felt was the best way for a newcomer to get started on their treatments.

Now it seems as if there are ILADS docs and ILADS docs. :(
What is an ILADS doc, and what is a LLMD?

These are simple questions, but the answers are not that simple, I'm afraid. Different people have different notions about these labels, and I feel these labels are being misused (and abused) more and more. If there isn't a common notion about the meaning of these labels, then they become quite useless.

Therefore, I often write "so-called LLMD".

kelmo

Post by kelmo » Sat 10 Nov 2007 15:50

Yes, I believe due to the controversy, my doc doesn't use the label LLMD. That's probably because he's a microbiologist and doesn't want to put himself in a one-bacteria catagory. He thinks there are more than what we can test for that cause a multitude of issues. He's for WHATEVER he can do to bring a person to health. For that, he can call himself Tinkerbell, I wouldn't care.

I've gone on ILADS and can't find a referral for him, he's a member and has been treating Lyme patients for over ten years and attends ALL the conferences.

There have been patients who migrated out to our desert area to get away from the ticks, and have gone to him but have a problem with his refusal to be called and LLMD. So, they flounder and complain that there are no LLMD's here.

But, I still think it's a good point of reference to refer to lyme friendly doctors.

LymeEnigma

Post by LymeEnigma » Sat 10 Nov 2007 18:31

Kelmo, by chance does your doctor take insurance? I live in the Western US desert, as well, and it's always good to keep the options open....