Tincup's Lyme Dis. Education and Support Groups of America?

For everything that is related to Lyme and/or Lymeland, but doesn't fit in the other forums. Speak your mind, connect, ask help, etc.
Fin24

Tincup's Lyme Dis. Education and Support Groups of America?

Post by Fin24 » Thu 19 Nov 2009 0:58

This was interesting

there are connects to/from Melanie Reber and Lucy Barnes in and out of this "organization"
( Both Lucy and Mel are 2 of 3 that make up the Memorial Project AND Mel hails from Colorado where by coinky dink Lucy and this newish group is trying to make a media presence)

and this group seems recently formed by Lucy..its NOT listed as a 'non profit' anywhere I can see so maybe she funded it on her own??

and LDA prominently highlights it on their front page
so far there has been ONE news release- a summary of the IDSA hearings that smells a bit plagiarized
One Advocates Perspective: News Release by Lyme Disease Education and Support Groups of America
The Evidence Is In: Chronic Lyme Disease Does Exist

word file linked about 1/3 of page down of the LDA home page

well, to be nice--its a conglomerate of what many other's wrote distilled into Tincup-isms

On Lymenet under support groups this one isthe ONLY INTERNATIONAL one and the organiz. is self described as "Raising awareness, providing patient support, promoting education and assisting with political efforts to benefit patients and health care professionals."

NATIONAL and INTERNATIONAL

http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/In ... tion.shtml
it has supported the bill NOT as a "LDA affiliate" but as a "friend of Lyme"
http://www.cwork.com/index.php?option=c ... Itemid=112

it has also reviewed a news article re Lyme in Colorado press ( Melanie is from there hence why Lucy even knew about it) To be fair even McSweegan appeared there
http://www.csindy.com/colorado/letters/ ... id=1146375

halfway down titled "Lyme Aid"

BUT I cant anywhere find its incorporation OR its Board--just mentions of the "Founder and Director Lucy Barnes"

Ive emailed LDA directly and asked if they know the date of formation, and the Board of directors since they prominently feature it on their website..Im taking bets as to if I get a reply at all.

anyone else have any idea???

Id love to see if this is indeed an international organization of ONE--self perpetuated and self proclaimed. She is already snowing others into beleiving in this entity she may have fabricated

she even presented or wrote to the Ct representative hearings (along with Pat Smith):
http://search.cga.state.ct.us/2009/JFR/ ... PH-JFR.htm

halfway down as "Supporter of this Bill"
Lucy Barnes, Director, Lyme Disease Education and Support Groups of America: Many patients are not diagnosed properly or are diagnosed in late stages of the disease suffering with debilitating symptoms. I am concerned that physicians can only source the Infectious Disease Society of America for treatment options without the fear of reprisals.

curiouser...and curiouser

CLAUDIA and MINI--some help here???

thanks!!

and fwiw this group USED to be called the Lyme Dis. education and Support Groups of MARYLAND--or is she simply adding entities to her world??

I have emailed the state of Md non profit registry and await their reply for all of her so called groups' status.

Fin24

Re: Tincup's Lyme Dis. Education and Support Groups of America?

Post by Fin24 » Sat 21 Nov 2009 8:59

her 3 groups are not at this time listed--anywhere-- BUT the Md agency informed me that if anyone requests it she MUST provide the IRS 990 form as well as a list of Board members showing incorporation and/or non profit status

IF they are for profit or self funded she still has a fiduciary responsibility to show certain info

and funny thing, Ive blogged asking for help in finding out about the groups and what should pop up at LN
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

posted 11-21-2009 02:03 AM
Or MAYBE...

It's just another looney tune from the SylmeNet Burp-up site with... as usual... NOTHING better to do?

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... =11&t=2751

--------------------
If takes all the future, we'll live through the past,
If the phone doesn't ring, it's me.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.
Posts: 10400 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004 | IP: Logged |
which links to THIS post

now she knows she has me blocked and she knows I always use my real addy---

let her start to think that MANY are now reading this site and the blog and maybe, just maybe MANY are now questioning her veracity and ethics and those "groups" of ONE???

wonder if her tiny brain can comprehend that OTHERS are now wondering the same stuff about her??

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Sat 21 Nov 2009 16:38

Oh, for godssakes... :roll:

...why am I reminded of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uju4qv2qDV8

(BTW...in the video, the blonde girl's name is actually: PAYNE. Well, of course it is).

LimeAid

Post by LimeAid » Sat 21 Nov 2009 19:01

BUT the Md agency informed me that if anyone requests it she MUST provide the IRS 990 form as well as a list of Board members showing incorporation and/or non profit status
--So if this information has not been given to those asking for it, it needs to be reported to the powers that regulate this. This is supposed to be full disclosure.
More posters need to question why no answers are forthcoming and report non-compliance with rules and regs. Put up the contact info Fin, more questions need to be asked.

Its beyond time that Lymenetters realize the problems on their Forum stem from this Tin person. She is a transparent and manipulative embarassment to the lyme world.

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Sat 21 Nov 2009 22:03

well "Cantgiveupyet" tried to tell Tinny that the email she got wasnt from a hoax of LNE and that now it was public it can be taken as a denial to comply with IRS laws--well the thread is now GONE...wonder why hmmm?

here is the info, see if any of YOU can get them to comply

Harford Lyme Disease Support Group, Inc ( supposedly INCORP and NON PROFIT)

Harford Cty LDSG inc
Jean Galbreath
JGLYME@aol.com

an older listing has this info
PO box 13
Street, Md 21154
410-838-LYME
lyme@starix.net

for the other 3 ALL are emailed contacted only at afterthebite@gmail.com ( if capital sensitive try AfterTheBite@gmail.com)

-1. After the Bite ( various times claiming to be non profit)
2. LDESG Md ( Lyme Dis Education and Support Group of Md)
3.LDESGA ( Lyme Dis education and Support Group of America)

and she sometimes even claims she is LDESGI = Lyme Disease Education and Support Groups INTERNATIONAL

so far though she hasnt placed a claim on the UNIVERSE--give it a week :mrgreen:

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Sun 22 Nov 2009 0:03

"Fin24":
well "Cantgiveupyet" tried to tell Tinny that the email she got wasnt from a hoax of LNE and that now it was public it can be taken as a denial to comply with IRS laws--well the thread is now GONE...wonder why hmmm?
Maybe because this sort of near-comical backbiting and bitching and hair-pulling is a complete waste of time and energy...and a misuse of boards that are meant to inform and support people who are ill?

I mean, seriously...you "ladies"...(and I use that term loosely)...don't need to entertain us...(funny as this is...which you don't seem to realize, either)

I have been watching online Lyme "acvtivists' for years, now...seems like some...a notable few...occasionally take a breather from calling the IDSA "idots" and "morons" to lash out at each other and even other patients...(see the thread entitled "Betty G" here, for instance)...especially those that like to nip at the heels of the lead dog pulling the sled...I guess because they're envious or they are wannabes...(wannabe 'whats' is the question...)

But you get an idea what drives a lot of this pathetic useless nonsense...

Just a lot of mean-spirited, nasty, bitching...from a lot of mean-spirited, nasty ------- (you figure it out), howling at the moon, desperately in need of a distemper shot.

Geeez...take it outside on the playground after class, girls...

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Sun 22 Nov 2009 0:45

gee and here I thought "we" werent talking to one another, Sirreal

BUT since you have graced me with a reply may I respectfully point out that your mischaracterizations aside, perhaps this isnt simply backbiting and a real attempt to find out just which "organizations" are real vs faked and which are the ones involved in all the mess that is "lymeland" today.

There seems to be a lack of accountability top to bottom and finally many are starting to ask questions.
For example: how does an "organization" of one person claim to be "international" and/or non profit and yet is not registered anywhere and also garners acclaim from the LDA.

The fact that some of "us" are now asking who is doing what and why as well as whom are affiliated with whom, really shouldnt be characterized as negatively and as chauvinistically as you have. After all, our own Martian has posted quite the few revealing threads with Tincup as topic.And he has also asked many of the same questions. Would you characterize HIS posts as
near-comical backbiting and bitching and hair-pulling
and
Just a lot of mean-spirited, nasty, bitching...from a lot of mean-spirited, nasty ------- (you figure it out), howling at the moon, desperately in need of a distemper shot.
I really would have expected more from you :roll:

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Sun 22 Nov 2009 0:53

Fin24":
gee and here I thought "we" werent talking to one another, Sirreal

Wasn't addressing you, directly, there, dear. (And as you well know, the reason for that is your continued inability to apologize for the foul names you called me).

And as to your current bout of hostility...and the others you trashed on the Betty G thread...maybe it would save time to post a list of people that you haven't attacked? What do you think? Seems you don't play well with others...
BUT since you have graced me with a reply may I respectfully point out that your mischaracterizations aside, perhaps this isnt simply backbiting and a real attempt to find out just which "organizations" are real vs faked and which are the ones involved in all the mess that is "lymeland" today.
ROFL.

Yeah. Gimmee a break...yeah, let's bust her chops because she didn't file the right form in triplicate...

Why don't you get right on that and NOT report back to us, okay?

:lol:

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Sun 22 Nov 2009 1:05

Sirreal says to Fin24
Wasn't adressing you, directly, there, dear.

yet Sirreal's previous post:
by Sir Real » Sun 22 Nov 2009 0:03

"Fin24":
and then Sir posts
Maybe because this sort of near-comical backbiting SNIP
which ANYONE wopuld presume to be a stab at answering the question Fin ended with of
wonder why hmmm

SIR have a glass of water on me because I think your pants may be on FIRE

No matter--you are certainly entitled to your opinion. And also entitled to sit there making "comments" rather than at least attempting to DO something, anything, at all.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Sun 22 Nov 2009 1:13

"Fin24

SIR have a glass of water on me because I think your pants may be on FIRE
:lol:

You have a positive genius for highlighting the mundane, trivial and simply meaningless...(but somehow, making that appear comical at the same time)...
No matter--you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
Gee, thanks...do I need to register that with the state? I don't want to appear "illegitimate"...
really would have expected more from you
Well, you know, you really shouldn't expect too damn much from a...(what was it?)..."redneck antisemitic homophobic misogynist"...something like that...not laughing with you here....